Studio Goals and Policies
To create an environment where students routinely acquire and retain music as a lifelong companion: To have a highly positive, self-affirming experience throughout the music learning process.
Lesson tuition is a flat monthly fee.
- Tuition and fees are due on the first lesson of each month. A $10 late fee will be added if paid after the 10th.
- An email payment reminder will be given on the first of each month.
- Personal check may be made out payable to Ginny Blair or tuition payment may be made via Zelle (925-408-6115). You may also choose to set up automated check payments with your bank.
- For Simply Music students, please go to students.simplymusic.com/store to create your student account and purchase your home materials. You can link to my account by entering my teacher ID number 382.
- For Play~a~Story students, the online store address is innermusician.com. You will be asked to set up an account. The first book in our journey is Song of the Zephyr Wind.
- Please do not come to in-person lessons if you are sick.
- If your student misses a lesson, you may contact me for the assignment so your student may practice during the week and prepare for the following week.
- No refunds or credits will be given for missed lessons, including those with notice.
- No credit will be provided for missed lessons except for prolonged absences due to illness or extended vacation. A rare exception will be made for sudden illness or emergencies.
- The option available for your prolonged vacation absence: *Discontinuing classes temporarily and re-enrolling in an available time slot.
Recitals & Performance Opportunities
- Throughout the year I host informal practice parties at the studio for our music students to get acquainted and play for their peers. In addition, I plan two formal recitals for families and friends to attend.
- Performing is optional but encouraged!
- The Studio follows the Mount Diablo Unified School District calendar during the school year. Studio vacations are spring break, Thanksgiving break, two weeks of winter break, and two weeks during summer vacation (six weeks total).
- Each student is scheduled for 46 lessons per year (any 12-month period).
- Studio vacation is factored into the flat monthly tuition. Tuition remains the same each month regardless of the number of lessons in that month.
Photos and videos of students taken during lessons and recitals may be shared on the studio website, social media pages, and marketing materials.
Wishing you a happy and exciting musical journey!